Oregon Child Care Food Handler Certification
Welcome To Oregon Online Food Handler Certification
In Oregon, many child care providers and staff in child care facilities are required to obtain food handler certification, pursuant to ORS 624.570:
- Family child care providers who want to be registered with the Child Care Division (CCD) are required to obtain food handler's certification before they become registered. Once they are registered, they must keep their food handler certification current to maintain their registration.
- Family child care providers who are listed with the Department of Human Services Child Care Program (DHS CCP) are required to obtain food handler certification in order to receive the enhanced payment rate. Once they are receiving the enhanced rate, they must keep their food handler's certification current to maintain their enhanced rate status.
- All staff who work with food in certified child care centers and certified family child care homes are required to maintain current food handler certification.
This website offers online child care food handler training and testing; it is provided through the Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Network (OCCRRN). A food handler certificate obtained from this site is valid in ANY Oregon county for 3 years. Although this site emphasizes the handling of food in child care situations, the manual and tests are also relevant to food service and the food handler certification can be used in other food service environments.
It is easy to obtain your Oregon Food Handler Certification online -- you can study the manual, take the certification test, and print your food handler certificate in just 5 easy steps:
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Study the child care food handler's manual
- Take the test and pass it (75% or above is a passing grade)
- Pay the $10 fee using our secure site
- Print your food handler certificate
If you have questions about obtaining food handler certification or about your current food handler certificate, or if we can help you with this site, please call us at 503.375.2644 in Salem or toll free at 1.800.342.6712 or email us and we'll be glad to assist you.